Loudoun second half real property tax deadline is December 7, 2020
Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn Jr. reminds taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the second half real property tax is Monday, December 7, 2020.
Payments postmarked after December 7, 2020, will incur a 10 percent late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10 percent per annum will be assessed. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Board of Equalization. Taxpayers who are having financial difficulties should contact the Office of the Treasurer’s Collections Team at 703-771-5656 for assistance.
Payments can be made using electronic check (eCheck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note that there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for eCheck. For safety and convenience, the Treasurer’s Office encourages taxpayers to make their payments online or on the phone. Payments may be made: ·
- Online: loudounportal.com/taxes
- Through a mobile device: TheLink2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to loudounportal.com/taxes to pay your taxes.
- Telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Please have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By Mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In Person: Treasurer’s Office Locationso 1 Harrison Street SE, 1st Floor, Leesburgo 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling
The offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekdays. In addition, 24-hour depository boxes are located outside each office.
Anyone who has not received a tax bill or who has questions should contact the Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office at 703-777-0280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay up to date on tax information by subscribing to the Tax Notices category of Alert Loudoun at loudoun.gov/alert. You can also text the word “TAXES” to 888777 to receive text messages about tax-related information, including upcoming deadlines.
For information regarding Real Property Tax Exemptions and Deferrals, contact the Exemptions Division of the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office at email@example.com, by phone at 703-737-8557 or visit loudoun.gov/taxrelief.