2021 Signatures of Loudoun Awards recognize excellence in design
The Loudoun County Design Cabinet, a volunteer group of architects, engineers, planners, and designers dedicated to supporting quality design in Loudoun County, presented the 2021 “Signatures of Loudoun” design awards in a ceremony on June 29.
The Signatures program, now in its 17th year, recognizes businesses and community organizations that choose superior design standards in building, renovating, or expanding a project. Each year, the community is invited to submit nominations, which are voted on by the cabinet.
This year’s awardees are:
Pace Setters Award:
- Ashburn Station, Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (F. Thomas Lee, AIA, Samaha Associates, P.C.; and Kiran Parikh, design manager, Loudoun County Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure)
- Loudoun School for Advanced Studies (Reader & Swartz Architects, P.C; Deep Sran, Ph.D., Loudoun School for the Gifted; Painter-Lewis, PLC; Hammerhead Construction; Simpson Gumpertz & Heger; and Comfort Design)
- Echelon Wine Bar, Leesburg (Dieter R. Meyer, AIA, W.A. Brown & Associates, PC, principal architect; Aimee and Todd Henkle, Echelon Wine Bar; Cloverdale, LLC, owner; Peter Mullally, Mullally Construction; Kasey O’Bruba, architectural project manager)
- King and Loudoun, Leesburg (Dieter R. Meyer, AIA, W.A. Brown & Associates, PC, principal architect; Lynne Guy, architectural project manager; Bill Cammack, Cloverdale LLC, owner; Peter Mullally, Mullally Construction; and David Logan, Vintage Building)
- Walker Farm Tenant House (Robert and Marsha Thompson, owners; and John Burroughs, Lauten Construction)
- (Leesburg Commission on Public Art; Friends of Leesburg Public Arts; and Michael Clay, artist)
- Heronview (Windy Hill Foundation, Bob Dale, director; Hollis Fitch, Flat Iron Partners; Anderea Gonzalez; Flat Iron Partners, Interior Design; BSB Design (formerly Polleo Group), architect)
Familiar Details Award:
- Stanley Caulkins Statue, Leesburg (Leesburg Commission on Public Art, Friends of Leesburg Public Arts; Jeffery Hall, artist; and Dianne Canney)
Vision in Design Award:
- Larry Rosenstrauch (Former director, Loudoun County Department of Economic Development.)