Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn Jr. reminded taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the second-half business tangible personal property tax is Thursday, October 5.
Payments postmarked after October 5 will incur a 10 percent late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10 percent per annum will be assessed. Payments not received within 60 days of the due date will incur an additional 15 percent penalty. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Commissioner of the Revenue.
Payments can be made using electronic check (echeck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note that there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for echeck.
To assist with the high volume of taxpayers expected at the Loudoun County Government Center on October 5, the Treasurer’s Office is setting up a temporary payment station from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the county parking garage located next to the government center at 1 Harrison Street, S.E. in Leesburg. (The entrance to the parking garage is off Loudoun Street.) Visitors to the parking garage should park on the first floor of the garage. A sign will be posted to direct people to the spot where Treasurer’s Office employees will be accepting payments. Those payments will be accepted if the check for payment and the appropriate tax bill are together. Cash cannot be accepted. Payments cannot be accepted if the bill is not enclosed. Other payment methods include:
- Online: www.loudoun.gov/bppt
- Through a mobile device: The Link2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to www.loudounportal.com/taxes to pay your taxes.
- Telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Please have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By Mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In Person: Treasurer’s Office Locations
- 1 Harrison Street, S.E., 1st Floor, Leesburg, Virginia 20175
- 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling, Virginia 20166
The offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekdays. Both offices will have extended hours on Thursday, October 5, from 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Twenty-four-hour deposit boxes are located outside each office.
Anyone who has not received a tax bill should contact the Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office at 703-777-0280 or e-mail email@example.com.